Sunday, July 12, 2009

Facebook & other stuff

I haven't updated in months! I've been sending more time on Facebook and less blogging. For some reason, I really DO care about what all my friends are doing, even though I don't think they care about the minutia of my daily life. Facebook is a great way to communicate something with lots of people quickly, though.

In March, I was able to learn about an urgent prayer need for the son of a couple we had known when we lived in Ohio. He had a flesh-eating Strep infection, lost both legs and had an absolutely miraculous return from what the doctors were saying was certain death. Blake Haxton is a living miracle & a witness to the power of prayer and an awful lot of people learned of his prayer need through Facebook. If you're interested, you can find the Columbus tv stations' and Glenn Beck's stories about him on youtube.

On the lighter side, Facebook also allows me to know what my friends eat for breakfast and when they leave to go grocery shopping.

Oh well...

This weekend we were in Cincinnati for Don's annual golf tournament. Cindy, Crit and I were also able to go with Aunt Gene to tour the living arrangements available at the retirement residence she'll be living in. What a wonderful thing to find a 2-room suite with a great view! She's genuinely excited about it and, rather than look at her broken hip and new home as the end of something, she's looking at it as a new beginning.

Our entire family got to spend time together at a cookout at Paul's house & it was wonderful to see everyone and just hang out. I hope we can do things like this more often, but since we're spread out over 4 states, I don't think that's likely.

When I get some pictures from the weekend, I'll post them.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails