Sunday, December 05, 2010

24 Days of Advent - Day 5 - Mend a Quarrel

A friend gave me this framed print

when we lived in Chicago and I put it out on the piano every year. I don't know who wrote it, so I can't give credit. I know it's a bit obvious and simplistic, but as our pace of life becomes more hurried and society becomes less civil, these small acts of social graces are forgotten. So each year, as I get it out of the storage box, I read it over and try to remind myself of them. Here's what it says:
this
christmas

mend a quarrel
seek out a forgotten friend
share some treasure
give a soft answer
encourage youth
keep a promise
find the time
listen
apologize if you were wrong
be gentle
laugh a little
laugh a little more
express your gratitude
welcome a stranger
gladden the heart of a child
take pleasure in the beauty
and wonder of the earth
speak your love
speak it again
speak it still once more

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails