Thursday, December 09, 2010

24 Days of Advent - Day 9 - Friends

I'm a 'church lady' -- I've worked in the office of our church for the last 10 years and have developed dear friendships with the other 'church ladies' there. Yesterday I had the blessing of hosting our annual church ladies' luncheon at my house. We had such a good time! It was a potluck and all the food was great -- no one left hungry. There were lots laughs, lots of talk, lots of food and even a trip out to the barn to visit the girls. (Linda K. was the only one brave enough to hold a chicken and found out that Betty could be very gentle & almost friendly). Thanks to all who came -- I'm honored & blessed to be a friend, as well as co-worker, with each of you!

A special thanks, too, to my friend, co-worker & fellow estate-sale-shopper, Bargain Hunter, for coming early to help me get ready and then staying late to do most of the clean up herself!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails